ELECTRICAL Designer Minimum software requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional service pack 3 or higher
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 (or compatible browser)
- AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT installed and working correctly
- ELECTRICAL Designer Minimum hardware requirements:
- Intel® Pentium® III 800MHz
- 512Mb RAM
- 300MB of free hard drive space for ELECTRICAL Designer, with extra space for new projects.
- 1024X768 VGA colour monitor
- Mouse, trackball, or other compatible pointing device
- CD-ROM drive
- Available parallel port, or USB, (only in the case that a hardware lock is being used to protect the software).
ELECTRICAL Designer and AutoCAD versions
- ELECTRICAL Designer PRO is 100% compatible with AutoCAD 2002 to AutoCAD 2009, or AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, or any AutoCAD “vertical” option
- ELECTRICAL Designer LT is 100% compatible with AutoCAD LT 2002 to AutoCAD LT 2009.
- ELECTRICAL Designer PRO data & ELECTRICAL Designer LT data are 100% compatible, in the same version. Both versions contain the same commands and performances to suit your requirements.
ELECTRICAL Designer PRO & LT differences
The differences between ELECTRICAL Designer PRO and ELECTRICAL Designer LT are that they run on different AutoCAD platforms, the electrical functionality is the same for both.
Apart from the above there are certain options available in full AutoCAD that are not available for AutoCAD LT, although they do not affect ELECTRICAL Designer performances.
Exclusive to AutoCAD version (absent in AutoCAD LT)
1. it is possible to make use of programming languages such as Lisp, Visual Basic, etc.
2. there are tools for the edition of 3D solids and options to handle 3D data generally.
3. it has shading options for the generation of picture-realistic components.